Coming from a Fine Arts background, Nishah was initially an Exhibitions Manager at the Tate Gallery for eight years before embarking into the field of Psychotherapy in 1994.
During her early career she worked as a Professional Debriefer and trainer of telephone counsellors, later headhunted to train Health Professionals in the NHS as a Public Health Advisor in East London.
Nishah is also experienced in Motivational Interviewing & Solution Focused Coaching. In addition to 20+ years of clinical private practice, she has spent the last two decades training and lecturing on all aspects of psychotherapy within various educational institutions.
She has a special interest in Mental Health and Technology, which her Twitter account focuses on [@NishahDennison] and she has a special interesting in improving teenage mental health in innovative ways.
Specialist skills involve:
- Managing teams with empathic attunement
- Working with systems – solution focused
- Effective customer engagement/satisfaction
- Immediacy skills in dealing with urgent situations & crises
Professional Debriefing involves working in the moment with stressed individuals:
- Getting results in limited time
- Ascertaining & Assessing needs
- Putting people at ease very quickly
- Dealing with priorities fast & effectively
Highly experienced in lecturing, teaching & training:
- Training Health Professionals: GP’s, Pharmacists, Practice Nurses & Dentists
- Project Management & Area Lead for Local NHS Services in East London
- Teaching & lecturing in Private and Further Education: University & College
- Speaker at spiritual & mental health retreats and events
Nishah is Senior Psychotherapist with over 20 years experience:
- Clinical Private Practice since 1998
- Honorary NHS Psychotherapist (Whittington Hospital)
- Psychotherapist with Psychiatric ‘out-patients’ (Winchester)
- Employee Assistance Organisations & Agencies (MIND)
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy (Middlesex Univ.)
Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy (Southbank Univ.)
Creative Group Work (CPPD)
Diploma in Teaching – QTLLS (Canterbury Univ.)
Foundation in Counselling & Psychotherapy (Regents Univ.)
BA hons Fine Art (Byam Shaw/Chelsea)
SENIOR PSYCHOTHERAPIST ACCREDITED
United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy: Reg No. 212651
UK Association for Humanistic Psychology Practitioners: Reg No. 51